Frequently Asked Questions
Packing and Insurance
How can I make a comment about your service?
If you would like to make a comment about our service, positive or negative, please use the contact us section of the website.
How should I pack my parcel?
Although at Lamorna Express we take the utmost care of your parcels and packages, they do have to travel through a number of different processes - our careful handling is no substitute for adequate packaging.
We recommend that you always pack your parcels securely; the following hints may help;
- Always use strong, good quality boxes or packaging materials
- If you are reusing boxes or packaging always remove old labels including any hazardous materials information stickers
- Always use the correct sized box for your items - if the box is too large it could collapse and likewise if the box is too small it could burst during transit
- Be sensible about the weight of items that you put in a box - don't overload boxes
- Pack items in the centre of a box with plenty of cushioning surrounding, to stop any movement during transit - use bubble wrap, shreds, packaging chips, even old newspapers
- Protect date storage media with appropriate cushioning ad ideally wrap each item separately
- Pack smaller items in larger boxes and remember that some attractively packaged gifts are not always suitable for shipping directly, they will usually require separate outer packaging and protection
- Make sure that liquids, semi-liquids, powders or strong smelling substances are properly sealed in leak-proof containers and further wrapped I plastic bags and held upright I a strong box and correctly labelled with 'arrow up' signs
- Always protect sharp items securely, carefully wrapping any scissors or knives to protect them from sticking through packaging materials
- Use strong packaging tape or a strapping machine to secure parcels, not domestic adhesive tape, making sure all flaps are securely fastened
- Write all labels clearly (using capitals) and never cover them up with tape or film
- It is a good idea to include both address and sender details inside your parcel so that even if the outer label becomes detached, Lamorna Express can still safely deliver your parcel
Lamorna Express accepts no liability for this packaging advice but hopes it will assist customers to pack items responsibly and securely for their onward journey.
Is my parcel insured?
Lamorna Express will provide liability cover on the following basis.
Goods not covered by Lamorna Express Liability Cover:
We will accept the following items entirely at the senders own risk. Lamorna Express does NOT offer any liability cover whatsoever for these items.
- Money orders
- Precious metals
- Precious stones
- Works of art
- Wines and spirits
- Plasma screens
Standard Liability Cover
The standard contract limits the compensation payable to £10 per kilo, with an excess of £50 for each consignment.
Increased Liability Cover (ILC)
Increased liability cover can be purchased from Lamorna Express when booking the collection. You MUST declare the total value of the consignment at the time of sending the goods and you will be charged according to that value. The declared value must reflect the actual value of the goods being transported, taking into account the age and condition of the goods.
£6,000 per consignment excluding computer equipment, software, mobile telephones or other audio/visual equipment which is subject to a maximum of £3,000 per consignment.
Are there any items you will not carry?
Items Not Acceptable For Carriage
Under no circumstances do Lamorna Express carry any item that is marked with a diamond shaped hazardous sticker.
Other items which are not acceptable for carriage include animals and livestock, explosives, bullion, money, firearms, ammunition, fireworks and any item which is illegal under UK law.
Where can I find your terms and conditions?
Read our terms and conditions of carriage
How can I track my parcel?
Just enter your consignment number in Parcel Tracking on our home page.
How do I obtain proof of delivery (POD)?
Use Parcel Tracking to obtain final POD or contact us for hard copy
What if there is no-one in to receive the parcel?
Lamorna Express will only deliver to the address specified by the sending customer and cannot vary this without permission. If nobody is available to accept delivery we will leave a calling card with details of the local depot for you to contact to re-arrange delivery to the same address on a different working day. Please note that we are not able to guarantee delivery at a specific time. You also have the option of collecting the item from your local depot. You will need to bring the card they left and one additional form of identification (i.e. a driving licence or household bill) bearing the address the item is sent to.
When will my parcel be delivered?
For deliveries to the majority of the UK we deliver on the next working day after the item was sent. When an item is booked with Lamorna Express the sender will specify delivery from our range of services. This is normally for delivery by 9.00 am, 10.00 am, noon or 4.00pm on the next working day ( Monday to Friday). Delivery will be attempted between 8.00 am and the selected delivery time. A Saturday morning delivery is available to most areas for which we charge a premium
What happens if my parcel goes missing?
Unfortunately, parcels do sometimes get lost in transit. This may be because a label has become detached. Rest assured that we try very hard to trace your missing parcel when this happens. In the case of loss you must notify us in writing within 3 working days of delivery date.
My parcel is damaged, what do I do?
Lamorna Express takes great care of the parcels we carry but regretfully accidents can happen. When this occurs you must notify us in writing within 3 working days of delivery date. This must then be followed in writing with supporting documentation of your claim within 14 days.
What happens if my parcel does not arrive as expected?
We take great care of your parcels and our error rate is extremely low but occasionally a mistake can happen. This is how we put it right. We will notify you if a parcel has been mis-sorted and is at the wrong depot . We will also offer to upgrade your delivery for a priority service at no extra charge. If your parcel has been sent on a timed delivery, and absolutely has to be delivered the same day, we will arrange for a same day courier. To eliminate the risk of an unnecessary and expensive journey we may contact the intended recipient to verify availability.
Using Our Services
How do I open an account?
Click here to download an account application form or contact us on 01209 313833
How do I book online?
Once you have opened an account with Lamorna Express we will advise you how to use our online booking facility.
How do I get a quotation?
Contact us on 01209 313833 with details of your parcel including delivery address, dimensions (in cm's) and weight (in kg's)
How do I register for a user ID and password?
Contact us with details of your account and we will set this up for you.
How do I send a parcel that I want to pay for now?
You can book a collection online with us and pay with a credit or debit card. We will collect your parcel on the next working day after the order has been booked. Book Online Now. If you do not wish to book this way please contact us on 01209 313833.
What services do you offer?
See the full list of services we offer